Wednesday, May 6, 2009

So Stubborn

Ella definitely has a mind of her own which makes it hard to teach her not to do things. Basically, if I tell her not to do something it is like a dare to her and she can't stop herself from disobeying. For example, I told her not to walk on her books, so what does she do? She walks right over to a book, stands on it and says "Don't walk on books, don't walk on books". What's a mom to do?

Well, she got a little taste of how unpleasant it can be to disobey a few days ago while playing in the sand. Here is what happened:

She put some of the sand up to her mouth so I told her "don't eat it". So of course she grabbed a huge hand full of sand and shoved it in her mouth. So I said, "it doesn't taste too good does it". So, she grabbed another huge hand full of sand and shoved it in as well. But then her face turned sour and she starting begging me to "wipe it, wipe it". So, of course I did not wipe it! I figured it was a good lesson and she hasn't even pretended to eat sand again.

One point for mom!!!!!!

2 comments:

Clark Family said...

LOL! That reminds me of how Hyrum reacts to my parenting... I'm glad that you got one point - It takes a lot of patience to score against a toddler!!

David and Sarah said...

Great story! Sounds just like my boys, always pushing the limits.