Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Wonderful Saturday!

This past Saturday, Chris and I got to go to the Columbus Temple. It was so nice being in the temple where we were married. We would look at all the spots where our favorite wedding pictures were taken and laugh and smile all corny-like at each other (yeah, we are still in love).

While we were at the temple, we got to do the work for Chris' Great-Great Grandparents, William and Anna. It was a really special experience for us both. Though, I had to laugh when I ended up being the last person into the Celestial Room. Chris had to wait for such a long time and was getting very impatient. After some reflection, we think it was supposed to be this way because it got Chris thinking about how long William and Anna had been waiting to be reunited. So, we went right to the sealing room and got them married for eternity. It was amazing kneeing there at the very temple where we were married and adding another family to our line. What amazing blessings come from the temple.

When we got back we picked up Ella from my brother's house and took her home for a bath. While Ella was taking her bath she was singing "I Love to See the Temple". It was the perfect ending to a wonderful day and another reminder of how big Ella is getting.

Just for fun:


Last Year



Now

I think my baby is disappearing!!!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, she is getting to be so grown up.

That's really neat about your day at the temple. Mike and I really need to get on that. Like white on rice.

Hope you guys are doing well!!!

Brittany said...

wow so big...can't wait to go to temple with u 2 like old times!

Jenny said...

What a great story, Kira. Thanks for sharing it! Sharing stories like this one helps me feel the fire of geneology/temple work.