Saturday, May 21, 2011

Big Pet Pig

First of all, I do it out of love...really, I do.

I remember learning in a parenting course at BYU that it is a good idea to take songs and insert your kids name into them when you sing it to them. Somehow I latched on to that idea and then took it to a whole new level.

With Ella it was pretty harmless...She has two songs; one is called "Pretty Baby" and I sing "Pretty Ella". The other is "What Heaven Sees in You". One song is more fun and one is more of a lullaby.

Will's lullaby is called "Hourglass" (I will be posting it later). It is a sweet song about how your baby boy grows up too fast. And now that I have you all thinking that I am such a sweet mommy it is time to confess to you all his fun song.

It's called "Big Pet Pig" and yes..I have inserted his name into the lyrics. I know what you are thinking, he is pretty skinny...but if you have ever seen Will with a box of Cheez Its, mouth stuffed to the brim, both hands full, and screaming while I try to pry the box from his grip... You will understand. Seriously, this kid starts eating dinner while I am making it and doesn't finish until about an hour after everyone else. If you are looking to win him over, just feed him and he will love you for life.

And so...here's to our Big Pet Big just a few days before his first birthday:

1 comment:

Rachel said...

ha ha ha Kira I love it. You make me laugh so much. That is an awesome song.