Thursday, June 4, 2009

4 years!!!

Today is Chris and my anniversary!!!! Historically, it is one of my favorite days because I have received really good gifts. Like our first anniversary I got diamond earrings, then the next year I got a diamond journey pendant, and last year Chris took me to the mall and let me pick out lots of new clothes.

While this year has been one to remember. We are totally broke because we haven't been getting paid from Chris's clients. Out of necessity we decided we were going to make it a free anniversary. I was going to make Chris a homemade apple pie (which he would have loved) and he was going to clean the house for me (which I would have loved)....BUT I woke up sick. So, Chris tried to take care of his wife and child while working (which meant he didn't get a lot of work done) and I....well did nothing but sleep and complain.

I think it is good though, it means we have hit the point in our marriage that we don't need things to be elaborate. I mean, how could I not know how much my husband loves me when he is taking care of everything!!! And Chris, of course, is still excited for an apple pie when I start feeling better.

All in all, it has been a good 4 years and I am so happy that Chris married me!!!!!!

2 comments:

David and Sarah said...

Aw, happy anniversary and I hope you're feeling better.

Danielle said...

Happy (belated) Anniversary!! I hope you feel better!