Saturday, January 31, 2009

Carnegie Mellon


We were off for another visit to another campus this week. We left on Wednesday and came back on Friday. I took my camera so I could document the trip but only took one picture because it was so busy.

Isn't she a Diva?

We should have known it would be rough when we had to shovel out our car from the 8 inches of snow we got the night before (which all went on top of the probably 4 inches we already had). It was supposed to take us 4 and 1/2 hours to get to Pittsburgh so I was thinking, "we can do this". It ended up taking us 7 hours to get there and we only lost control of the car twice. We are seriously crazy.

So, to the reason why we went. We were checking out Carnegie Mellon University. Chris had an information session with the Tepper Business School at 11:30a so we got up at 8a thinking, "we will get there early", only to find that Chris forgot his tie and belt. So, we ended up getting to campus with 5 minutes to spare and Chris had no idea what building he was supposed to go to (he made it in time, don't worry).

While Chris was informed about the school, I drove Ella around trying to get her to sleep. It was pretty hilly there and with all the snow my car just couldn't do it. There was one hill that it just wouldn't go up. I wanted to cry but I was brave. I backed the car down the hill and went another way and somehow in all that, Ella fell asleep.

The whole family went to lunch with some students from the school. There was a big group of prospective students visiting that day and I felt like we were being watched. It might have been in my head or it might have been because Chris was the only one with a wife let alone a child. Ella did great though. She showed her cute to the important people and we were so proud. What more could we ask for?

They next day we went to breakfast with a student at the school, his wife, and their 2 children. It was snowing again and it took us an hour and 1/2 to go 20 miles. We got lost and ended up on another hill. We conquered it this time but the car smelled like it was on fire. After that we found the road we were supposed to be on but for some reason kept circling under it and beside it. We could see it but we just couldn't get there. We thought of Elder Wirthlin getting lost in southern Utah and laughed.

We are all home now and more confused than ever about where we should go to school. Life is such an adventure!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness, what a crazy experience! Your description is so vivid--I can imagine being there! Did you ever read the book "Last Lecture"? The professor (who wrote the book) was from Carnegie Mellon. It makes me feel closer to y'all because I read the book. :)

I LOVE this picture of Ella!!!!!!! Total diva. I love the necklaces...

Danielle said...

Now wouldn't that be weird if y'all ended up there and we ended up at Penn State? Hmmm. Good luck with your decision.

Can't wait to see ya next month!