Monday, November 3, 2008

Ellaspeak

Ella loves to talk and learns new words everyday. The fun part is trying to figure out what she is saying. It is like she has her own language that we have to learn in order to communicate with her.
The way she says things make us laugh and laugh. And I love how if she doesn't know what to call something it becomes a "this". Check out some of our favorites translated into proper English:

"gink"= drink
"eww"= shoe
"ock" = sock
"ki-kik"=blankie
"Isaas"= Isaac/Elliot/Gretchen/Cousin
"pass"= pacifier
"pa-pal"= grandpa
"butt" = what
"bucko"= Michael
"bish"= fish

I think I will miss all her made up words when she learns to speak correctly.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I think my favorite is her version of "what." Maybe we should all incorporate her word--it seems appropriate. I can't believe how big she's getting!!!! I want to snuggle her up! :) I can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving!

BTW, I made it back from Alaska, only to go back 3 days later. Now I'm in New York. I want to call and just catch up! Maybe by the time Ella is 10 I'll actually pick up the phone and do that. I miss y'all!!!