Friday, October 31, 2008

No Trick All Treat

This was Ella's first year to trick or treat. We ended up with 2 free costumes so we decided to let Ella choose. I thought for sure she would want to be the pink octopus but no, she chose the dragon.
On Wednesday we took her to the Ward Halloween Party. As you can tell she wasn't too sure about the thing on her head:



Then yesterday we went trick or treating. It didn't take too long for her to forget about the costume. She would walk up to strangers (not an easy thing for Ella) and hold out her hand and say "UHHG" (give me candy in caveman). Then when she got what she wanted she would say "thank-you" (she is a polite caveman).



By the end of the evening the pumpkin was so full of candy she had to carry it with both hands. We tried to help but she had her death grip on it. Sturgill's don't foul around with their candy.



Then she decided it was time to start eating:




She had a great time and got a lot of candy which I am very excited about. Because, you know, I had to go through the candy and take out any pieces that "might" be a choking hazard or that I "might" need to be able to get through tomorrow.

4 comments:

K said...

Happy Halloween! She is the cutest dragon (thingy) ever - Jenny said it first, but I type faster (hee hee!).

BTW - I hope you are okay.

Love,
Kirsten

Brittany said...

Isn't being a parent GREAT at Halloween? They do all the work and YOU get to decide what goes in their mouths! YESSSSSS!!! Granted, I won't be able to enjoy it for another *12* days...but still :)

Sarah D said...

Hey Sturgills,

Ella is super cute. I'm so glad she had a good Halloween. We miss you guys so much. Somehow we're having trouble contacting you guys so send something our way, if you have a chance, so we can reconnect.

love,
The Drapers

Jenny said...

She is SERIOUSLY the cutest little dragon ever! It sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween. I miss y'all!!!!!