Friday, November 21, 2008

Reading Suits Me

It began:



And grew:



And grew:



And grew:



Until it was LOVE:



Ella has no time for toys. They stay in her toy box all day. She is obsessed with books. And don't sit in one spot for too long or she will start piling the books up on your lap.

It is so cute as she brings me a book, puts it on my lap and says "more book", then she proceeds to go back to her room grab another book and put it on my lap. This continues until my lap is piled high with all the books she wants me to read. Then she stands at my feet and says "up, up, upupupupup.." (it is an emergency) and we read.

She actually spoke her first sentence not too long ago. I was trying to do the dishes and she was standing at my feet holding three books. She kept saying "book..book" but I wasn't responding. Then she did it...she said "Mommy, re-re a book". And so we did.

And with that, I dedicate this song to Ella, my bookworm:










4 comments:

K said...

YEAH for books!!!! She's totally my girl in this realm and I LOVE IT!!! Of course, you know what she'll be unwrapping from me at Christmas (along with all the other nieces and nephews), but how can I change who I am. After all... reading suites ME too!

(I've gotta get a clip of that song).

See ya in a few days!
k

Jenny said...

She is already a genius, loving to read! I can't wait to see the book piling in person. :)

Apricot Tree Planning said...

That is so totally cool! A love of reading brings a lifetime of adventure, learning and joy! Congratulations!

Angela said...

That is a way adorable post! I hope she keeps that love going forever! I especially love the shot of her with the "ella" book. I always go for the books with their names.