Friday, July 29, 2011

Not About the Kids

I know, it's a shocker but I am going to talk about something else today......I want to talk a little about friends, because I am a lucky girl (am I still a girl or should I say "woman" or "lady"?)

Last night I had a Girls Movie Night at my house. We watch "The Importance of Being Earnest" and ate some seriously awesome food. I was looking around during the movie and thinking about how lucky I am to call these people my friends. They are all so different and each has influenced my life in many ways....but mostly, I was thinking about........

The tomato plants that a friend of mine grew from seed and then gave to me after I killed all of mine. Our garden would be a failure if it weren't for friends.

And, the wall that we just painted green because a friend gave me the rest of her paint just because I said I liked it.

Also, the beautiful pictures all over my walls that a friend of mine took that are such treasures to me.

And I can't fail to mention the many conversations with a friend that made me feel like it's ok that I'm not perfect or getting things right and that I am just...not alone.

Or all the times each of them has made me laugh or brought me a meal or a super yummy treat or babysat for me and the list goes on and on.

I guess basically I am saying that without friends I would have a dead garden, white walls, no family pictures and would mostly just be really lonely.

Yep, that's right....I am a lucky girl!

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Although I do love hearing about your babies, I like it when you write about other stuff - it helps me get to know you!!! And amen and amen to friends!!! Do you have any pictures of your fabulous girls night??

Brad said...

I wholeheartedly agree! I love the friends we've made here - the people are definitely the best thing about Rochester! I feel like the friends I've gotten to know here are some of the most incredible people I've met in my life. Love this post!

Brad said...

P.S. Oops - I guess Brad is logged into gmail. :) This is really MaryAnne.

Charity said...

oh you are making me miss you and all our great friends at whipple park!

Clint, Camber, Camdon, Carolina, Corbin, and Cordelia said...

I have to say ... I'm jealous! I miss good friends like you and I don't feel like I've made very many here in Salt Lake. Thanks for letting me know it's still possible and probably something I need to work on.

Danielle said...

so you can't tell me y'all haven't been doing anything this summer. where are you? how are your babies?

i hope you had a great birthday yesterday!!!

Celeste said...

::tear:: So true! And I think that can mean only one thing: we should definitely do another movie night :?) (P.S. Where have I been for 5 weeks that I didn't see this tender post?!)