Monday, March 15, 2010

To: Those Who Have Been Here Before...


I can't keep clothes on this child. I understand that she needed to learn how to undress herself and am grateful bc now she can use the bathroom...but seriously...how do all the Moms out there keep their kids dressed?

And please tell me I am not the only one who leaves their child alone for one second only to find this....I mean the rain-boots do add a little something interesting but I think a shirt would be nice too.

I always thought it wasn't such a big deal that she wanted to be "all maked" all the time but as of late it is starting to cause problems. You see it was always one of those family secrets that no one else knew. When I took her out in public she was always dressed so I figured people just assumed that she was also dressed at home. But lately, my secret is starting to get out. This is partly bc I can't seem to take a picture of her dressed but that was just the beginning. We also have the problem that our neighbors both have boys a few years older than Ella that like to play outside our sliding glass door. So now I have to keep the curtains closed most days. And we tend to have friends that stop by and I am afraid they are going to stop coming bc they don't want to see Ella in her under-roos. Not to mention that they might call CPS bc it looks like we don't feed the kid.


We tried have tried a few tactics:

1. We let her pick her own clothes out..but they still only stay on for about 2o min.

2. We told her she was a big girl not a baby...but she just said "I want to be a maked baby".

3. We had a talk with her about modesty. She even admitted during it that Mommy and Daddy wear clothes and don't go around "all maked" but somehow the behavior did not change. Instead she added a little dance called Ohh, My Naked Tooshie that is preformed whenever the tooshie is exposed (don't worry there are no pics of it).


And so now I am requesting help from the all those who have been here before...please tell me there is hope...I really would like to get some clothes on the child.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal...maybe if you let it go, she will too.

I still let M go around nude if she wants to...and most of the time she doesn't.
Just my own 2 cents

Jenelle said...

"Oh My Naked Tooshie!" I am dying Kira... she is TOO funny. I just love that little girl. I am glad you posted this cuz I am starting to have the same problem! (Is Ella teaching Madi to do this when they are playing alone?) I'm kidding! But yeah- tell me the suggestions you get cuz Madi says "I wanna be Nakeck!" All day long...

K said...

I really have no good ideas, but maybe you could tap into some of her favorite books as examples of being dressed - you know, like "Fancy Nancy."

Other than that, I'm just sitting here laughing at her (sorry, but her decision to constantly be "maked" is HILARIOUS!).

Good luck!
K

Danielle said...

maybe if i'm ever in that situation, it'll make me crazy too, but i don't think it's that big a deal either. ???

good luck with whatever you try though - it sucks when they won't listen to reason!

Bobbi said...

She sure has grown up and talk about a cutie. She's darling!!
I hope you're feeling good. Love your pix!!