Friday, February 19, 2010

Art..Art..Art

Ella LOVES art projects!!! She is always creating something for me to display around the house. I enjoy her artwork but I think my house is looking less like it belongs to me all the time.

She is slowly taking over the whole house. It started with the fridge..where she could put her art up by herself with magnets that were supposed to teach her the alphabet. Ella has found that they hold art projects fabulously. Then she moved on to the glass door on the bookshelf and finally the door to the basement. She needs tape to hang her projects in these locations which requires my help but if I refuse she is devastated and I don't want her to think her art isn't beautiful (even though some of it isn't so worth displaying).

But then...I got this great idea. We would color hearts and cut-out letters that would spell "Daddy Rocks" to hang on the sliding glass door for Chris's birthday. Genius right??? I mean, Ella loves art projects and this is an easy gift she can give her Daddy. Well I didn't think about the fact that she would never let me take them down. I would try and she would say "that is so sad, the poor hearts and ABCs".

So, the only way to get rid of them was to hang something else in their place. Which meant that Ella and I spent the day making shamrock streamers for St. Patrick's Day.

Sometimes I wish I had one of those houses that was decorated like in the magazines. It seems like it would be so luxurious and relaxing but then I look at this....


And I am convinced that my home is more beautiful than any picture in any magazine.

So, maybe no interior designer would decorate their house like this...


But at least for today...I don't care!!!!!


9 comments:

Katy said...

What a smile! She is precious!

Danielle said...

she is getting so big! maddy loves looking at these pictures, too. can't wait to see y'all in person.

Clark Family said...

My kids love art projects too - I love the shamrock streamers idea and Ella's smile is sooooo cute!

Cindy said...

The decorations are so cute!! It's so nice that she enjoys doing art projects. I can't get the boys to sit and color for longer than 5 minutes.

shawver-news said...

Oh those magazines don't matter! Elle looks so happy! Good Job!

Jenelle said...

I love your St. Patrick's Day decorations! She is a good little artist. You're a good mommy, Kira!

K said...

Send Ella to decorate MY house! We miss you guys, mucho!

Love, K

Jenny said...

I wanted to cry a little when I heard in my head Ella saying "so sad the hearts and ABCs." I miss you guys!!!! I want to live close to you so I can spoil her rotten. :) Love y'all!!

Angela said...

I love moms who do crafts with their kids. It's a huge challenge for me. When they want to do a craft I just hand them a coloring page! You're way ahead of the game!