Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trials Help You Grow

So, right now I am wishing that Chris never put up the post about being pregnant.

I had my first doctor's appointment last week and found out that there was no baby. My body thought I was pregnant but the baby never formed. I had a D&C on Monday to care of the placenta and am feeling really good. It is nice not to be nauseous anymore and to be able to enjoy food again. I am still waiting for Chris to take me out for steak.

I am grateful for all the things to learn when going through a trial. I learned more than ever how much I need family. They had to do a lot of the care for Ella this month and this also helped Ella gain a close relationship with them. I also learned that sometimes there seems to be no reason for going through a trial except to gain more understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is amazing what He went through for me and how He helps me though each hard moment. I also learned again and again that it is His will be done and not mine. Hopefully now I am more meek and submissive. And maybe more than anything I learned to be more grateful for Ella than I would have ever been. I hold her a little closer now and appreciate each new thing she learns a little more. Like tonight for example, she said her first prayer. I couldn't understand a single word except "A-Me"(Amen) but there she was folding her arms and bowing her head while babbling on a on. What a special moment.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Love you!

K said...

I appreciate the example you show in handling this trial with faith and trust in our Savior. I know He loves you! So do we and want you to know that you guys have been in our thoughts and prayers.

Kirsten and Brian

Apricot Tree Planning said...

It seems trite to say I know your pain...but I know your pain. And I totally get what you mean about our understanding of the Atonement increases when we realize that He truly knows all our pains and grief. Our families are so very precious to us. We love you! Kathleen and Barry

Clark Family said...

Reading your post reminds me how strong you are and how much you taught me through your words and example!! We miss you guys sooo much!!

Jenny said...

Kira, you are seriously amazing. I am so grateful for your strength and example. I miss you guys!!