Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Domestic Trouble



Since we were all sick I decided to be domestic and disinfect everything I could. I started by putting Ella's stuffed animals in the washing machine. I remember my mother doing this and didn't think it would be a problem. Well, one of the animals exploded in the washing machine and it wasn't stuffed with what one would except to find in a stuffed animal. It was stuffed with the tiniest plastic balls I have ever seen. They were everywhere in the washing machine and the utility room. I spent a great deal of time shaking the balls off of everything in the wash. I felt like I was back in Little House on the Prairie times with how long it took. Then, I used the vacuum cleaner to suck out all the excess balls in the washing machine and proceeded with the laundry. Only to find that the balls were still around and no matter how many loads I do and how many times I clean out that machine they keep coming back. I think they are multiplying and replenishing!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, I know what you mean...the styrofoam teeny tiny balls. I've had those leak out of toys in my house and they were a pain enough...I can't imagine your washing machine trouble! Yikes!

Don't you wish you could just call maintenance to deal with that one?

Sarah D said...

Hey guys,
I'm sorry about the sick week. We were all sick about 2 weeks ago too. Oh, but the mess with the tiny balls probably only made it worse. Anyways, I just wanted to say that I'm in love with your blog. Its so fun to read about your adventures and see all pictures and videos. We miss you guys so much!

-Sarah Draper