Sunday, June 22, 2008

A [Sick] Week In Review

I won't lie, it's been a rough week. And those feelings are only enhanced as I hear Ella continue to protest her evening banishment to the crib.

Our little girl decided that good health was a thing of the past, and being the giving sort, passed along her illness to Kira. Being spared disease, it was up to me to make sure our family needs were met. Many thanks to Mom and Dad for dinner on Friday which really helped get me over the hump (mentally and physically).

I've decided that I'm not really that good at a lot things that Kira does. Somehow in our 3 years of married bliss, I forgot what it's like to have to prepare a lot of meals. And eating what I cook I'm reminded of why Kira took on most of the food preparation responsibilities (and by most, I mean all). Memories of college life bachelorhood come to mind, and I won't say that eating was quite the pleasure it is now. Perhaps that's why I've put on some 20 pounds since June of '05...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tonight (Sunday) I prepared a Chris Specialty: Mac & Cheese. Which reminds me of a long-standing debate between Kira and me.

Kira is convinced that Kraft Mac & Cheese is infinitely better than the Wal-Mart brand. For the life of me, I can't taste the difference.

Now, it's only a 30 cent difference, but that represents twice the cost. Hence the poll question: is Kraft Mac & Cheese really better than Wal-Mart? And doubly so?

The Rodgers said...

Get better you guys!!! I hope you don't get it as bad as me. The kids are already pretty much better...I still have a barking cough...grrrr

Danielle said...

Sorry they are sick! That sucks! Hope everyone feels better soon.