Monday, April 4, 2011

Little Liar

Ella has learned to lie.

And since it is Ella I am talking about this is no little lie but an elaborate story.

You see, Chris always keeps his wedding ring on his night stand while he sleeps but a few days ago when he went to put it on before heading to school, it was gone. He looked for it for awhile and then went to find Ella. He asked her if she had taken his ring and she looked from me to Chris and back again before saying "No, I didn't take it."

Later that day Chris found the ring laying back on the night stand. Suspicious?? We thought so. So off we went to find Ella.

Chris asked her. "Did you put my ring back on my night stand?" She then looked from me to Chris and back again before saying, "No?" Chris then said, "It would make me really happy if you found it." So she said, "Oh, I did find it and put it back on your night stand. Actually, Mommy and I looked and looked all over the house for it and then I found it under my bed."

I was stunned and shocked and desperately trying not to laugh because that did not happen. We didn't go looking for the ring. And I know I am slowly losing my mind kid but it's not so bad that you can start making up stories with me in them and I will be caught unaware. Also, why do you get to be the hero???

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Chuckles! Love that!

Bobbi said...

Oh, my. It sure doesn't take them long to learn that a fib is so easy to say. Your children are absolutely darling, by the way. I love them. You're such a good mom.!!

Danielle said...

love her.

imagine the mischief (i hope) she and maddy will one day create. ♥