Monday, September 6, 2010

Will's Blessing

Well..after forgetting two months in a row...we finally blessed Will. Sadly, he didn't fit in the little white suit my sister had made but Will didn't care at all. I think he would have preferred to just come in his PJ's so he could have slept through the whole thing.

So here is the story:
A few nights before the blessing I had this awful feeling that Chris was going to change the baby's name. You see, the school that Chris goes to is called the William E. Simon Business School. So, I started thinking he was going to name the baby William Simon Sturgill. I told Chris about this the night before the blessing and he said, "I like that name. I think it sounds good together". Great, right? I was totally freaking out. And to make matters worse, the only white onsie I could find for him to wear under his dress shirt said "Simon School of Business, Early Leader".

When the time came for the blessing.......well, the bishopric member forgot about it. Chris was totally awkward and just started raising his hand right there in sacrament. But I am glad he did because they went ahead with the blessing.

Will did great. He apparently cooed and smiled the whole time. Chris said he was grateful because he blessed him that he would be a happy and always able to find the good in things. He was worried Will would start screaming right after he said the was supposed to be happy. He also blessed him to love the Lord and help bring people to Jesus because of that love. And most importantly he said his name would be William Clay Sturgill.

Here is the picture from after the blessing. I guess you can tell he is the second because we didn't even take him out of the car seat and thought the car would make a nice background....


That afternoon we had ice cream with a bunch of our friends to celebrate. Will made an appearance at the beginning but decided to sleep through most of it. Maybe he was just disappointed he couldn't have any ice cream.

Our place was totally packed:




We sure are lucky to have such great friends!!!

4 comments:

Danielle said...

wish we could have been there! and maddy has that same dress! lol.

Jenny said...

I'm glad Chris didn't change his name! :) It sounds and looks like it was a fantastic day--wish I could have been there. Love y'all!!!

Rachel said...

It was such a sweet blessing. Thanks for inviting us to be a part. We loved coming. You looked darling by the way and Will did do fantastic.

K said...

I am sad that we couldn't be there! Thanks for sending us the picture -it made the distance seem shorter.

Love you all.