Friday, August 28, 2009

We have landed!

So, we are here and basically moved in. I would take pictures and show everyone the place but our camera is dead and well...you just don't want to know. The freakin' out began when we got here and I finally saw the place - but after I found out that the basement floods when it rains, the back door didn't lock, one of the burners is broken, and there is no dishwasher - that's when the drama really began... Not to mention that the carpet hasn't been replaced since...well, ever and it has a weird moist and sticky feeling. And let me just add that I love the fluorescent lights and the buzzing ambiance it creates. But don't cry for me, I'm a survivor and I am gonna make it!

There are some good things though. Our townhouse backs up onto a beautiful view of the forest with fun trails to walk on (the first morning we saw two deer). There are 3 parks on site and tons and tons of kids for Ella to play with. Also, about 30 Mormon couples live here and just by going to the park I have gotten to know a lot of women already. So, I am happy to be here and we are making it home!

For the brave of heart, pictures will be forthcoming...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you're a survivor :)

Clark Family said...

What a welcome! I'm ashamed to admit your post made me laugh! Seems like everything that could go wrong DID go wrong. I loved the vivid description of the carpet! Hope things have gotten better. If not, we'd love to have you back here in Fort Worth!! ;)