Thursday, July 9, 2009

Well...Stupid!















So, I thought I had awhile before Ella would start making me feel well....stupid but alas, she has started young!

Example #1: She got very good at folding her arms during prayers and then started refusing because of course, she has to be difficult. I starting trying to be creative when asking her to fold her arms and one night decided to ask her if she would fold Mape's arms (he is a stuffed penguin). She looked at me in all seriousness and said "Fold his wings". What could I say, she was absolutely right and I felt...well...stupid!

Example #2: We were going out for a walk and she wanted to take something with her so I said she could take the book she was holding. And yet again, she gave me that look (you know, the one that says "do I need to correct her again?") and said "Take the magazine". And again, SHE WAS RIGHT!! And again, I FELT...well...STUPID!!! Man, she is two and I am gonna have to start thinking a lot more before I open my mouth!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Here's that comment I promised you :) Ella is such a cutie, I love the picture. That story was so funny, thanks for the laugh.

K said...

She is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!!! And well, aren't we all stupid when we grow up!

Love ya,
K

Jenny said...

She is just a total genius, and SUPER cute! I love the attitude picture. :)