Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Where to sit?

There are two chairs in the house that I usually sit in. One is the rocking chair in Ella's bedroom and the other is the recliner in the living room. Ella has caught on that these are the most likely places I will sit down. So, while I am doing the dishes or whatever else I do during the day, she usually brings a few books to my seat. This way whenever I sit down I know it is time to read to her. She's so cute, right?

Recently, she has been getting more and more ambitious about the amount of books she will put in my seat. But I laughed and laughed the night we put her to bed and she wouldn't seem to settle down. I went in to check on her and this is what I found:

I was so impressed, I mean seriously these books are stacked up taller than she is. This took real effort and let's be honest, it was a pretty smart way to get to stay up late.

I hope it makes you all laugh too!!

And PS-Kirsten, just in case you didn't notice, I think you bought her all the books in the stack. Even the dog purse that is currently being smothered at the bottom came from you. So, the way I figure it, you are the reason I don't have a seat anymore!

5 comments:

Apricot Tree Planning said...

Oh my goodness -- you have one clever girl on your hands. And ambitious to boot!! I love it!!

K said...

Never underestimate the power of my influence (cue the evil laugh - hee hee hee hee!).

Who can fault her for working so hard to pile them up - there are just TOO many good choices for bedtime reading.

As a matter of fact, the book I took a quick break from to read this post is calling me back to the couch and my blanket.

So instead of doing those other "important" things (like cleaning the dishes), I'll follow the example of my niece and choose the book instead!

Love ya!

And FYI I have a new book to add to Ella's collection! But it's not just Ella I'm encouraging, I also have a new book for Maddy's collection and one for the shelves of Josh, Elizabeth, Christine, Gretchen, and Leandra.

After all, books are what I do!

Jenny said...

Hahahahaha! I love this!! I thrive on reading new posts from you--Ella is sooooo awesome! I am so impressed with her skills!

Clark Family said...

That is quite an impressive stack of books!! How wonderful that she loves reading so much!

Danielle said...

She is so advanced with her efforts to not go to bed. I am praying she doesn't teach Maddy her tricks - right now we have a good thing going, ya know? So tell Ella to keep her mouth ZIPPED when y'all come down next week. OR ELSE! :)

Post more pics, please! That girl is too cute!